Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Things I call my kids for $200, Alex

If you were watching me on a hidden camera, you might assume that I have forty children. 

I don't. 

I do have about forty names I call the girls. 

I thought I'd throw this list of names out now, and let you all reference it in the future to verify when I am actually referring to my girls. 

It's not easy to tell sometimes.

Some of these are easy to understand how they came about.  Some of them really don't have an explanation, other than the fact that I have a crazy mind. 

Good luck trying to follow the path of the crazy train!

crazy train

Here are their shared names:

Kids
Kiddos
Babies
Toddlers
Ladies
Little Ones
Sweeties
Sweetie Pies
Squids (my personal favorite and mildly unexplainable)
Ladybugs
Little chick-a-dees
Bugs
Rats
Rugrats
Monkeys
Monkey britches
Muffins
Cupcakes
Twerps
Slugger
Lil britches (note there is an "R" in the word)
Poop factories
Snuggle bugs

And now for the more child-specific ones. 

Let's start with my oldest, Hadley:

Hadley
Brynne (sometimes I get them confused)
Brynhadley (sometimes I just almost get them confused)
Hadley-poo
Haddles
Hads
Hadley-kins (my personal favorite for Hadley--a mildly unexplainable nickname)
Haddle-bug
Haddle-puss*
Haddle-puss-in-boots*
Hadley-pie
Haddle-monster

Brynne's have a little more diversity:

Brynne
Hadley (yup, goes both ways--name confusion)
Haddle-brynne (almost, again)
Brynne-a-boo
Boo
Boo-boo (As in "Hey Boo-boo, let's go get some pick-uh-nick baskets" ~Yogi Bear)
Brynne-a-roo
Roo
Brynne-ie-bear
Bear
Brynne-ie
Brynne-ie-the-pooh
Brynne-a-puss*
Brynne-a-puss-rex* (my personal favorite for Brynne and an utterly unexplainable nickname)
Rex
Shiner

*All "puss" references should be pronounced like pussy cat, not like discharge.  Sorry, no easy way to differentiate those two.

I don't know how many of these will stand the test of time.  I'm sure as some of them get retired, there will be new ones to step in and replace them.
I've come to learn that I owe my parents an apology for making fun of them when they called me and my siblings by the wrong name.

Sorry, Mom.  Sorry, Dad.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

actions (54) adapting (28) bath (16) blogging (10) bodily fluids (21) book (6) catastrophe (7) crazy mind (33) dancing (4) danger scale (22) discipline (2) doctors (10) dogs (17) eating (23) education (1) fire trucks (2) games (26) guest post (4) humor (8) illness (20) introduction (1) lists (37) Mama Loves (1) math (5) milestones (13) parenting (57) privacy (3) routine (30) sarcasm (22) scary (10) Seinfeld (6) serious (23) sign language (18) sleep (32) team work (27) thoughts (8) vacation (13) video (6) words (52)

Multiples and More