Thursday, August 18, 2011

How do I love thee...let me count the ways

Hugs and kisses are easy to understand. 


Laughter, holding hands, and snuggling are other ways.




Hadley giving me the sign for "I Love you" is yet another.

Those are easy to identify - assuming you know the sign as I now do. 

My girls have other ways of showing me that they love me since they can't yet say it directly.  Papa and Cook-a both, in my opinion, count.

I wasn't entirely sure what Hadley was trying to tell me the first time she walked up to me with her eyes closed, mouth open, looking like she was ready to give me a big, wet kiss.  I leaned in for it and WHAM!  She lowered her head, aimed for my forehead, and gave me a running head butt.  It all happened so quickly I was caught off guard.  I didn't have time to react, which was probably a good thing. 

I would have been stunned if my head were not so hard.  Hadley recoiled a step, looking a little dazed yet smiling, and decided she enjoyed it.  She charged back in to ram me again.  I let her.  I'd seen her and Brynne doing this to each other and decided it would be okay.  It didn't hurt me, and it didn't seem to bother her. 

Aside from the red spot on her head, she appeared fine. 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement.  Brynne was now on the attack.  I turned just in time to catch her head-butt on the nose - squarely.  That one did hurt a bit, but the pain went away as my watering eyes dried up.

I didn't have time to hurt, I had two little foreheads coming back at me again.  I caught these on the forehead and the giggles ensued.  Apparently they both inherited my rock hard noggin.  I knew they had the size based on being consistently at the top of their growth charts in head circumference, but until now, I wasn't sure about the density - they have it.

My two little mountain goats love to butt heads with me, and each other. 


Mama's head is not quite as solid, but they still give her a shot from time to time.  I imagine they stick with me and each other, mostly, because of the sheer size of the target. 

The floor, walls, and windows are all fair game, though we try to encourage them not to go slamming their heads into just anything (and anyone) in the area.

If you ever get the chance to meet our girls and don't have a solid head, please wear a helmet.  It's fine if you choose not to.  Just don't be embarrased when I wake you with smelling salts.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

actions (54) adapting (28) bath (16) blogging (10) bodily fluids (21) book (6) catastrophe (7) crazy mind (33) dancing (4) danger scale (22) discipline (2) doctors (10) dogs (17) eating (23) education (1) fire trucks (2) games (26) guest post (4) humor (8) illness (20) introduction (1) lists (37) Mama Loves (1) math (5) milestones (13) parenting (57) privacy (3) routine (30) sarcasm (22) scary (10) Seinfeld (6) serious (23) sign language (18) sleep (32) team work (27) thoughts (8) vacation (13) video (6) words (52)

Multiples and More