Friday, March 2, 2012

Professor Papa - Part 9

This is the series of posts where I try to brag about something I've taught the girls - both good and bad.  Today's lesson - don't get stuck assuming you have to act a certain way just because you're a girl.

It was a little chilly to be outside, but the girls were going a little stir crazy as they hadn't been outside for a few days.  It was also a little moist due to the recent drizzle - which probably didn't help their mood any. 
Stir crazy can cause this damage in ten minutes.

As we were running around the house, Brynne tripped and fell.  She got up, looked at her wet knees, and started to bawl.

I asked her if she was hurt and she said no.

I kissed her knees, just to be sure, but that didn't help.  She just stood there sobbing away, looking at her knees, and trying to wipe away the dirt and water.

My first instinct was to pick her up, kiss all over her, and carry her inside to change.  Fortunately, I didn't do that.

Instead, I dropped to my knees in the wet grass.  I then stood up and showed her I was just as wet as she was.  I told her it was ok to get dirty, I even sat down to get my butt wet.  She looked at me, started laughing hysterically, and then sat down as well.

She made a huge point of standing back up and pointing at her bottom with such pride.
Hooray for wet clothes!

We finally did go back inside, but she refused to change her pants.  She was actually a little too wet to just allow her to walk around the house, so I changed my pants.  Immediately, she was giving me the sign to change her as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Little girls can get dirty, play with trucks, and do anything else they want.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love this. I love that you are our girls' papa.

Search This Blog

Labels

actions (54) adapting (28) bath (16) blogging (10) bodily fluids (21) book (6) catastrophe (7) crazy mind (33) dancing (4) danger scale (22) discipline (2) doctors (10) dogs (17) eating (23) education (1) fire trucks (2) games (26) guest post (4) humor (8) illness (20) introduction (1) lists (37) Mama Loves (1) math (5) milestones (13) parenting (57) privacy (3) routine (30) sarcasm (22) scary (10) Seinfeld (6) serious (23) sign language (18) sleep (32) team work (27) thoughts (8) vacation (13) video (6) words (52)

Multiples and More