Thursday, April 19, 2012

What was that?!?

Hadley got a little chilly the other day during her nap, or lonely.  She solved the problem by climbing out of her crib and into Brynne's.

You can imagine Julia's surprise when she went it to get them from their nap to find the two in one bed.  Hadley did that while wearing a sleep sack.  Now that's talent!

The two cribs do touch, so it's not like she jumped to the ground and then scaled the wall, but she did make it OVER the wall.

We think she used the breathable bumper to get her the boost she needed, so that was removed.  We also put some space between the beds, but reversed that decision before they went down for the night - just in case she decided to try again, we wanted a soft landing for her.

As I laid them down at bedtime, I told them to stay in their own cribs.

About an hour later I heard it.

THUNK!

There was no crying, wailing, or gnashing of teeth, so I waited a minute.  Since there were also no giggling, I decided to check in on them, just to be sure they were ok.

As I opened the door it was met with resistance.  I could just imagine Hadley standing there in the dark, fumbling for the door knob.  I pushed gently and the door moved.  The resistance was one of the binks which Brynne had taken to bed with her.

The THUNK!, I have deduced, was the sound it made as it hit the door.  Brynne has quite the arm for a little one, and she chucked the bink a good eight feet into the door.

I picked up the bink and was preparing to put it back in the crib when I noticed both girls standing up looking at me. 
Me:  Girls, it's time to lay down and go to sleep.  No more playing, okay?
Girls (in unison):  Okay.  Sorry Papa.

 Oh, how I love it when they listen, understand, and do what I say.

2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

It it some kind of awesome when the comprehension, and then the acknowledgment, followed by the two-way communication starts to happen.

Now, if we can all stay focused on the "do what I say" part...we'll have something. HA!

championm2000 said...

Something tells me this won't be the last time you have this conversation with them!

Search This Blog

Labels

actions (54) adapting (28) bath (16) blogging (10) bodily fluids (21) book (6) catastrophe (7) crazy mind (33) dancing (4) danger scale (22) discipline (2) doctors (10) dogs (17) eating (23) education (1) fire trucks (2) games (26) guest post (4) humor (8) illness (20) introduction (1) lists (37) Mama Loves (1) math (5) milestones (13) parenting (57) privacy (3) routine (30) sarcasm (22) scary (10) Seinfeld (6) serious (23) sign language (18) sleep (32) team work (27) thoughts (8) vacation (13) video (6) words (52)

Multiples and More