Monday, October 22, 2012

Same old same old

When trying to come up with dinner plans for your family, or even just for yourself, do you ever feel like you're in a rut?  Like you have the same thing to eat every week? 

I've been wondering recently if the girls were getting tired of eating virtually the same foods over and over again.  Mama does a great job of planning their meals, and ours, to provide lots of variety, but when it's my turn to do it, I just can't get too creative.

My entree staples for them are:

peanut butter and honey
hot dogs
bratwursts
chicken
salami (their all time favorite)
meatballs
pasta
breakfast foods (eggs, waffles, french toast, etc)

I was trying to rack my brain for something new the other day and I just happened to ask Hadley, who was helping me be creative, what she wanted to eat.
"Bratwurst"
Mmmmm, bratwurst.
I wasn't really sure if  she meant that, or was just talking, but I went ahead and got some out and started to prepare dinner.

I asked her about a side dish, and she replied with her all time favorite
"Chips"

Easy enough. 

With dinner prepared we sat down to eat.  My two little ones barely touched their food.  Only eating a total of:

3 bratwursts
1 apple
1 orange
4 handfuls (mine, not theirs) of chips
2 yogurt cups
3 glasses of milk
1 glass of water

Yes, I was being sarcastic when I said they barely touched their food.

After all this disappeared, Brynne informed me
"Me want something else to eat."
They got a few M&Ms, usually reserved for potty training treats, and that seemed to top them off. 

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

actions (54) adapting (28) bath (16) blogging (10) bodily fluids (21) book (6) catastrophe (7) crazy mind (33) dancing (4) danger scale (22) discipline (2) doctors (10) dogs (17) eating (23) education (1) fire trucks (2) games (26) guest post (4) humor (8) illness (20) introduction (1) lists (37) Mama Loves (1) math (5) milestones (13) parenting (57) privacy (3) routine (30) sarcasm (22) scary (10) Seinfeld (6) serious (23) sign language (18) sleep (32) team work (27) thoughts (8) vacation (13) video (6) words (52)

Multiples and More